HIV Modernization Movement-Indiana (HMM) seeks to modernize Indiana’s HIV criminal and related public health laws.
Deeply outdated and lacking in scientific merit, these laws lead to unfair prosecutions, stigmatize Hoosiers living with HIV and are counterproductive to ending the Indiana HIV epidemic.
HMM-Indiana is a statewide network of people living with HIV and allies consisting of service and clinical providers, public health authorities, community leaders, legal experts, and many others, of diverse racial, gender, and sexuality backgrounds. Meet our steering committee members and join our bi-monthly meetings.
- Dr. Carrie Foote Chair and Research and Legislative Lead
- Mark Hughes Co-Chair and Community Outreach Lead
- Todd Fuqua Coalition Building Lead
- Eric Pflieder Communications Lead
- Indiana Primary Health Care Association
- Indiana Disability Rights
- Indiana Minority Health Coalition
- Indiana Public Defenders Council
- Step Up Inc.
- The Damien Center
- BU Wellness Network Inc.
- IU Positive Link HIV Services
- Foundations Family Medicine
- Positive Resource Connection Fort Wayne
- Hoosier Action
- Indiana Recovery Alliance
- Indiana Youth Group (IYG)
- iknowAwareness LLC
- Equality Indiana
- First Presbyterian Social Justice Group
- The Indiana HIV Advocacy Coalition
- Indiana ACLU
- Lambda Legal
- SERO Project
- Center for HIV Law and Policy
- Positive Women’s Network USA